While for some products the difference in the user experience between the top-priced models and the middle-priced models is tiny, for stationary bikes it’s not the case.
It’s about the bike.
Why Wattbike is Special
Wattbike is one of the most expensive stationary bikes available in Switzerland at the moment (about 4000 USD), and despite that, I consider its purchase to be one of the best investments I have ever made.
Having used other stationary bikes daily for over 20 years, the primary reasons why I love the bike are
- it’s extremely stable – it simply does not shake no matter how you sit on it
- the biking is exceptionally smooth – the other bikes squeeze, have fits etc
- the biking is most motivating – it’s captivating display motivates one to improve his biking style
- the bike is ultra-high tech – Ant+ connectivity to your Garmin Watches / Garmin Connect, plus Bluetooth connectivity to your iPhone / Android with a special iPhone / Android app
- and most importantly, it’s impossibly easy to reach and to maintain the heart rates over 140 bps associated with the mental state of increased creativity, with your emotional feelings of happiness or love, and of course, with your improved physical health. On a daily basis, my Garmin Watches are exploding with “Performance Condition Deteriorated” with a Recovery time of at least 26 hours. And I have never felt this good afterwards with great ideas flowing “directly from God”. Read the Wattbike’s explanation of training zones below
The Link Between your Heart Health and your Emotions
Recent HeartMath studies define a critical link between the heart and brain. The heart is in a constant two-way dialogue with the brain — our emotions change the signals the brain sends to the heart and the heart responds in complex ways.
Conversely, HeartMath’s research shows that when we experience heart-felt emotions like love, care, appreciation and compassion, the heart produces a very different rhythm. In this case it is a smooth pattern that looks like gently rolling hills. Harmonious heart rhythms, which reflect positive emotions, are considered to be indicators of cardiovascular efficiency and nervous system balance. This lets the brain know that the heart feels good and often creates a gentle warm feeling in the area of the heart. Learning to shift out of stressful emotional reactions to these heartfelt emotions can have profound positive effects on the cardiovascular system and on our overall health. It is easy to see how our heart and emotions are linked and how we can shift our heart into a more efficient state by monitoring its rhythms.
The Link Between Regular Exercise and Creativity
A new study in the journal Frontiers in Human Neuroscience shows that regular exercisers do better on tests of creativity than their more sedentary peers. Specifically, researchers noted that regular exercise seems to be associated with improved divergent and convergent thinking, which are considered the two components of creative thinking; the former involves thinking of multiple solutions for one problem, while the latter involves thinking of one solution for a problem.
There are two Wattbike models – Trainer (Power Range 0-2000 W) and Pro (Power Range 0-3760 W).
My dealer advised that I should go for the Trainer which was immediately one of the reasons for going for the Pro – I do not appreciate people underestimating my goals.
More importantly, I took the test which has shown that I am suitable for both models.
Watch this video:
Fitness Data Analysis