The power of financial analysis depends greatly on the speed of retrieval of market data. The faster the retrieval, the more hypotheses can be tested.
The Spearian’s Historical Market Data PowerCache guarantees that for cached tickers (stocks and exchange rates), the local historical market data cache stores the entire history of the securities in the local Spearian’s database and then offers an instantaneous access (<2 ms) to these values without re-downloading them ever again from the Internet (download time of 120 ms – 1200 ms) with the user waiting.
This results in
- retrieval of historic market data faster than on any Bloomberg terminal offering the user more power to run her quantitative analysis.
- the ability to work offline without any internet connection, e.g. on a flight.
The automatic maintenance of the cache works as follows:
- Events when the entire stock history is rebased, e.g. stock split, are taken care of
- Spearian utilizes the most advanced machine learning algorithms to arrive at what time series to cache and how frequently to refresh them – essentially, the more you use a particular time series, the bigger weight in the decision algorithm it will have and the earlier it will be refreshed.
- Spearian is optimally updating the historical cache by updating for each ticker the entire local history of the security
The PowerCache will be shared across all Spearian’s interfaces – Python, .NET, R, VBA and Excel – so in all these environments you will access the data at lighting speed.